Dawn of the 7th Blapril post… Solarayo is tired. I actually had a long day at work (have to go to my office sometimes for test equipment and I found something critical in overtime hours) and words are hard to type right now. But dammit, I want to post each day in April and I already cheated once so…. let’s do this, I guess.
Zzzzzzzz… wait. What? Post! Right.
Shout-out to the fantastic Frostilyte for awarding Ace Asunder with my 2nd ever blog award thingy. I have multiple words of thanks for helping me stumble through another article on this unplanned 30-day posting journey, while an increasingly terrifying pandemic unfolds everywhere around me.
And by the way, these award things kinda spread like viruses, eh? You tag multiple people, those people tag multiple people, and then it goes all exponential before you know it. Crazy.
Anyway, I’ll be somewhat cooperative and post the rules for this one:
- Thank the wonderful person who nominated you and leave a link back to their blog. (See above)
- Explain your blog’s origin story or its history.
- Hand out two or more pieces of advice for new bloggers.
- Tag other bloggers to spread the virus… I mean, award! (I am truly grateful, by the way, just really tired which makes me more sarcastic and detached than usual. Don’t hurt me!)
Origins of Ace Asunder
Long, long ago (37 days ago to be exact) I pulled the trigger and hit the publish website button on WordPress, thus Ace Asunder was born. I’ll just say I’ve been a blogger for a lot longer than 37 days. I really missed the whole process after a rather painful ending to something that I’m still not completely over yet, if I’m being honest with myself for once. I’ll get there.
In short, Ace Asunder represents a bright new beginning for the person hiding behind Solarayo’s avatar. Feelings are messy and the best way for me to process them so they don’t destroy me again is by babbling on a blog and interacting with the rare cool humans in the world. So far I’m loving it here! Thanks to everyone reading this.
Advice for Noobs x2
I’m technically a new blogger too these days, but I’ve got lots of experience from my past blogger lives. This is coming from someone who has destroyed themselves…. more than once. Oops.
- Blog for YOU alone and no one else. If you’re forcing yourself to write things you don’t really want to write about because the things you like writing about don’t get many “views”, you’re not going to have a fun time. Blogging will eventually turn into a chore that you hate, and that sucks. Blogging should be a fun hobby! If you feel sad because you don’t fit in with the online trends, don’t follow them then. No one is forcing you to do anything. Be true to the badass blogger you. Always!
- Watch out for burnout. We all love coming up with grand plans for our websites, don’t we? We run roaring out of the gates chasing unrealistic goals and setting rigid schedule plans we force ourselves to stick to. Eventually, we rebel against ourselves and get frustrated for not achieving those goals or sticking to our schedule. Chill! Post something because you want to, not because you feel obligated to and want to be a rich super-blogger someday. Quality audiences who truly love your content won’t care when you actually post an article.
I’m going to use the tag portion of this award to give a huge shout-out to some fabulous blogger friends who have been dealing with me through the best and worst of my times online. Love you guys! 😭
PS – You don’t have to do the post if you don’t want to. I just want to promote your awesomeness!
- Later Levels
- The Shameful Narcissist
- Professional Moron
- The Gaming Diaries
- Shoot the Rookie
- Adventure Rules
Do you like our content and want to support Ace Asunder? Check out how you can do that here! (Shocking Spoiler: It doesn’t involve giving us money for writing this.)