Attention fellow bloggers and coronapocalypse survivors!
It sure is a weird-complicated-confusing time we all live in, eh? The general state of normality that we all took for granted has been utterly destroyed by rogue packets of RNA. I won’t say their official name, but you know who I mean. Little buggers.
Now more than ever we need pubs to escape to and drown our sorrows alongside friends… but the thing-that-shall-not-be-named has taken that away from us too. Alas!
All hope is not lost, however! Thanks to the power of the internet, we can stay connected to the beloved virus vectors… I mean, the friends and family in our lives without actually seeing them in reality. Wouldn’t it be cool if we could somehow find a way to recreate the pub atmosphere online, while promoting a bunch of talented bloggers in the community as a bonus?
While chatting with my good friend, the always awesome Kim of Later Levels (who deserves some serious props for listening to my incessant rambling frequently), we came up with a
terrific excuse to get drunk great way to make that online pub pipe dream a reality!
Officially Announcing: The Great Blog Crawl 2020
The Great Blog Crawl Quiz
Every reputable pub establishment has a quiz event to challenge the few brain cells not already drowning in booze! So of course, this epic Great Blog Crawl thing is going to have a fun quiz, and one that emphasizes community promotion at that.
- Let either Kim or I know in the comments section of this post (or the Later Levels post comments) about your desire to partake in the quiz.
- Download the official Great Blog Crawl 2020 answer sheet here.
- Follow The Great Blog Crawl’s social media channels (Twitter and/or Facebook)
- Keep an eye out for blogger related questions that will be periodically posted on the above social media accounts. The final batch of questions will be released on June 3rd 2020.**
- Send your completed answer sheet to email@example.com by end of day June 4th 2020.
- Answer sheets will be marked and prizes will be awarded in the form of cool blog badges. There will be 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place blog badges, and even one to everyone just for partaking.
- NO CHEATING! We’ll somehow know if you do, and we won’t be happy… probably.
**Please note: The 50 great blogging establishments that the questions point to were chosen at random from a pool of cool folks Kim and I follow. If your blog didn’t get a question, please be aware that we still love you and there’s always next year. The RNG God can be a real jerk…
The Great Pub Crawl 2020 Pub Part
Whether or not you partake in the fun quiz, everyone is still invited to the main event: a fully unlicensed virtual pub ran via Twitch stream!
Grab food, your favourite beverage (does NOT need to have alcohol in it at all (as my lawyer has informed me I have to say)), and a video game controller, then head on over to the Later Levels’ Twitch channel on June 6th 2020 at 19:00 BST (14:00 EST).
At the virtual pub:
- Winners of the quiz will be announced and the shiny digital badges will be awarded.
- We need video games to play at the pub! Give us some recommendations for great co-op and/or multiplayer games to stream at the fine establishment.
- No pub scene is complete without people doing stupid things! Send some of your party-tricks (jokes, memes, songs, cat videos, etc) to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll share them on the stream. Everyone will be laughing with you, not at you. I promise.
Lots of love to the lovely Kim of Later Levels for all the support and the ton of work she put into creating this event. I doubt anyone reading this isn’t already following Later Levels, but if you aren’t, I suggest you fix that.
And finally, a super special thank you to talented artist Heather Agoncillo for creating all ze beautiful graphics for the Great Pub Crawl event. Follow her on Instagram to see more of her awesome work!
Do you like our content and want to support Ace Asunder? Check out how you can do that here! (Shocking Spoiler: It doesn’t involve giving us money for writing this.)