Yes, I am aware asundered isn’t a word, but I don’t care! My website, my word rules. Ha! Anyway, welcome to my monthly wrap-up article! Let’s see what went down in my online life during these past 28-31 days…
Hello, nice sunny summer weather! That’s something positive in a sea of never-ending depressing news, for sure. Ugh… dat news, tho.
Racism, fascism, pandemics, mass murders, once beloved billionaire authors are actually ignorant TERFs, meth-gators… what the actual fuck, 2020? I’m forcing myself to stop paying attention to everything and just lolsob in frustrated anger in all directions. At least my own personal problems seem pretty freaking insignificant nowadays. Those have been flaring up again too, sadly.
This year is extra challenging for almost every human roaming the earth. People are needlessly dying and hate seems to be rising, but we got this! We will get through this. Good will always win at the end of the day. Keep fighting for what’s right, support who you can, and love will prevail in the end. Black lives matter!! Trans lives matter!!
This whole blogging thing is certainly becoming more and more important to me as the months go on. Here’s the recap of what went down in Ace Asunder’s 4th month of existing on the internet!
Slight Site Stats
- Seriously Geeky Sundays: What makes you smile? – Damn, I forgot how awesome it feels to legitimately smile! 😁
- Play-Along Late: To the Moon (Act 1) – Better late than never for to start gaming discussion club collaboration. 😅
- Play-Along: To the Moon (Act 2) – Eva and Neil are nothing if not dedicated…
- Seriously Geeky… Um, Saturday: Warriors – “I’m one with the warrior inside…” 🎶
- Seriously Geeky Sundays: Captain, My Captain – Featuring babbling on: Lego pirates, coffee-crazed Captain Janeway, lots of Mass Effect answers, and Control’s Jesse Faden.
- Play-Along: To the Moon (Act 3) – I swear I didn’t cry… probably.
- Seriously Geeky Sundays: Father Figures – Featuring babbling on great fictional fathers like: Homer Simpson, Bowser, Geralt, Rost, and Kratos… boy!!!
- The Great Blog Crawl: Redux and Rescheduled – Announcing new dates for the event. Things were delayed because real life issues need far more attention.
- Play-Along: To the Moon (Minisode 1 and 2) – The DLC definitely puts the “mini” in “minisode” and the “WUT??” in “WTF??” 🤔
- Seriously Geeky Sundays: Technology – Featuring techy babblings on: Groovitrons, The Borg, Cheetor, and way more Mass Effect answers than I was planning to have. 😅
- My Shiny New Gaming PC – Nothing beats depression like successfully assembling computer components to create a beautiful gaming beast… that doesn’t explode when you plug it in!
Awesome Articles About
Blogging is all about the community aspect to me! Here’s some samples of cool content created by talented blogger folks on the interwebz. Stay awesome, everyone!
- Coming of age: gaming with my stepson by Later Levels – Time flies far too fast sometimes… this was a great read about how families who game together grow closer together!
- Two Hearts by Peter S. Beagle (The Last Unicorn #1.5) by The Shameful Narcissist – I’ll never get a chance to read all the novels this brilliant blogger recommends, but I’ll always enjoy reading her amazing reviews.
- Bog Roll: How is it Made? by Professional Moron – Sadly, the time to cash in on bog roll seems to have passed so making it is kinda pointless. Those damn Neanderthals have evolved above their need to hoard it.
- The Trophy Hunt by The Gaming Diaries – Mwahahaha!! It seems the great GD has joined the dark trophy hunter side… for now.
- Anime: Now Watching by Shoot the Rookie – I have never been able to get into the watching of anime for some reason. I have so many other hobbies I want to spend time on, I guess. This was a great post reminding me of all the cool stories I’m missing out on.
- Go-Go Trophy Hunter: My First Platinum by nowisgames.com – Mwahahaha!!! Another great blogger called Dan has joined the dark trophy hunter side. One of us… one of us…
- Cypher and the Bail Project by Tales of the Aggronaut – I was grateful to catch a bit of this wonderful charity stream on Twitch! The support was so overwhelming I almost started crying. #BlackLivesMatter!!
- Refactoring: Why It’s Important by Timlah’s Texts & Unity3D Tech – Taking existing code and improving it without breaking anything, eh? Sounds intense. Game developers must have really high patience levels.
- Is Your Nintendo Switch Overheating? Here’s How to Replace the Fan in Your Nintendo Switch! by inthirdperson.com – Is your Nintendo Switch too hot to handle for all the wrong reasons? Then definitely check out Jett’s DIY fan replacement guide!
- Why we need more black characters in Video Games on UnCapt Reviews – Representation is so, so freaking important. This awesome article highlights the most important reason why: education is key to understanding each other.
- Reading Spam Comments by Falcon Game Reviews – Go enjoy this entertaining reading of the weird, overly fake polite, and sometimes offensive randomly generated spam comments that plague most blogs on the internet!
- To Side Quest Or Not To Side Quest: When Playing The Main Story Becomes The Number One Priority by simpleek – The urge to endlessly side quest is so hard to resist. An important reminder there’s no shame in focusing on a game’s main story.
- On Success, ‘Success’, and SUCCESS!! by Chris Durston – Success comes in so many forms, and this newly published author deserves all of the successes.
- It Is Okay To Be Single But It Is Not Okay To Shame People Who Choose To Be by Monsterlady’s Diary – Gasps! This is one of the most awesome and relatable articles I’ve ever read. There is so much societal pressure to find a Player 2, but it’s not something everyone needs. Being happily single is a valid way to live your life and people need to learn to respect that.
- Separating Art from the Artist (J. K. Rowling) on Books and Pixels – Is it okay to still enjoy the Harry Potter fandom given the author’s awful TERF rants of late? A tough question that this article tackles well.
- Video Game Music Challenge- Day 12: Music That Makes You Sad by A Reluctant Hero – Suteki Da Ne… 😭
- How Do I… on A Geek Girl’s Guide to Life – This is a beautifully written piece on what life is like as a black American citizen. Highly recommend everyone read this!
- James/Dad: The Character That Defines Phil from Later Levels on Normal Happenings – A great read that highlights why Fallout 3 is such an amazing freaking game despite some technical flaws. Phil needs to write more things…
Blogging – I sure got some, um, important post things planned for Ace Asunder, lemme tell ya… no, not really. We’ll see what July triggers me to write here. The only thing set in stone is continuing the Seriously Geeky Sundays project created by the wonderful Just Geeking By. This has become something I look forward to writing every week! ❤
Creative Writing – I need to find a way to work novel writing into my schedule. There’s a huge story screaming to get out of my head, but every time I sit down to get the words out… they just never come. Huh. I’ll keep trying! My world and characters deserve to be things on paper.
Gaming – Well, I should probably find something to test my shiny new gaming PC. Other than that, continuing to slowly rank up my GTA Online character Genni is a very important part of my gaming life. I’m also working on getting the shiny platinum trophy for the latest God of War title. Boy!!! It’s an awesome game.
Life – Thank the maker, my province of Canada seems to be new coronavirus case free for the moment (all it takes is one asshole to change that so nowhere is out of the woods completely until a vaccine or we all get it happens). I’m planning to visit my parents for the first time since Christmas tomorrow. Also, I might have an IRL camping adventure planned with two of my best friends this weekend. It’s nice to be able to get offline for a bit and enjoy reality again!
That about covers what went down this past month! If you got anything you’d like to share, feel free to make use of the comment section thingy below.
Do you like our content and want to support Ace Asunder? Check out how you can do that here! (Shocking Spoiler: It doesn’t involve giving us money for writing this.)